Articles on this Page
- 10/05/10--21:02: _See Rock City
- 10/06/10--20:47: _So easy even a cave...
- 10/07/10--16:18: _See Rock City (II)
- 10/07/10--20:22: _Caprica’s back!
- 10/08/10--19:26: _Just a reminder……
- 10/08/10--19:33: _Oh, like you have n...
- 10/09/10--07:18: _The numbers game
- 10/10/10--08:30: _That ought to shut ...
- 10/10/10--18:23: _With my luck…..
- 10/11/10--06:53: _You think we have p...
- 10/16/10--10:23: _Sometimes the truth...
- 10/16/10--19:31: _A long time ago and...
- 10/17/10--11:19: _It is that time of ...
- 10/17/10--15:12: _That dog won’t hunt……
- 10/18/10--23:08: _On the West Coast………
- 10/19/10--21:13: _A recommendation
- 10/19/10--21:30: _Important safety tip
- 10/22/10--08:28: _Getting it wrong.
- 10/23/10--20:45: _I should have staye...
- 10/24/10--07:42: _Quote of the day.
- 10/05/10--21:02: See Rock City
- 10/06/10--20:47: So easy even a caveman can do it…..
- 10/07/10--16:18: See Rock City (II)
- 10/07/10--20:22: Caprica’s back!
- 10/08/10--19:26: Just a reminder……
- 10/08/10--19:33: Oh, like you have never done this!
- 10/09/10--07:18: The numbers game
- 10/10/10--08:30: That ought to shut these people up……
- 10/10/10--18:23: With my luck…..
- 10/11/10--06:53: You think we have problems?
- 10/16/10--10:23: Sometimes the truth hurts-but it needs to be heard.
- 10/16/10--19:31: A long time ago and in a galaxy far away…….
- 10/17/10--11:19: It is that time of year again……
- 10/17/10--15:12: That dog won’t hunt……
- 10/18/10--23:08: On the West Coast………
- 10/19/10--21:13: A recommendation
- 10/19/10--21:30: Important safety tip
- 10/22/10--08:28: Getting it wrong.
- 10/23/10--20:45: I should have stayed in San Fran one more day.
- 10/24/10--07:42: Quote of the day.
If you spend any appreciable time in the South, and especially if you drive off of the interstates and on the US routes-you are more than likely to pass a barn looking like this: Well, this weekend the S.O. and I did the circuit of the Tennessee mountains, covering 527 miles in two days and […]
But not, evidently, a teabagger. Do simple arithmetic and revamp the federal budget to actually bring the deficit down in any type of meaningful way. Over at this website, there is an interactive budget simulator that allows you to do puts and takes against the federal budget-with the goal of getting the projected proportion of […]
On the way home from our little jaunt we stopped at the world famous, Rock City! Now interestingly enough, I was born two hours north of here-and in my youth my family never took me here-not once. So now, some 40+ years later, I finally stopped to see what the barn signs are all about. […]
And I will be out of town for the next two weeks. Thank God for the DVR. Because…… I am now totally hooked on the series………….
That October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Ladies-as a favor to me; and every other man who loves the feel, the curves, the softness, and the movement of a breast or two; please get regular mammograms and do monthly self examinations. Speaking on behalf of the rest of us men-we do appreciate it. Save the […]
Sure, sure you have never done it! Consider this an open thread. I’ve got things to do tonight.
I pointed this out before-one of the key elements of Teabag strategy, if it can be called that, is based on a numbers game. Getting all of their folks out-who really don’t represent a majority of Americans-and keeping the rest of us at home. America has one of the most miserable voting percentages in the free […]
Mornings like this are meant to be savored. Clear blue sky outside?-check. Fresh coffee ready?-check. S.O. still asleep and its quiet in the house?-check. Shopping Mall Times whining about Alabama losing?-check. It’s a great day in the neighborhood. ( And I don’t even like South Carolina that much-but any port in a storm I guess).
This is who I will have to see when I go the psychiatrist.
Reading this reminded me how lucky I truly am. Here are some guys who have had real problems: SAN JOSE MINE, Chile – After more than two months trapped deep in a Chilean mine, 33 miners are enjoying Sunday tantalizingly close to rescue. Drillers have completed an escape shaft, and Chile’s mining minister says a […]
The problem with a trip like this last one is that with “social” dinners thrown in-it leaves little time for booming or blogging. I opted for booming and let my blogging slide. I’m home for the weekend now and catching up. A whole group of people are up in arms about the recent article by […]
The Galactic Empire goes on a recruiting drive: Plus-Nine reasons why it sucks to be an EWOK: Everyone knows Ewoks are evil miniature hellbears who enjoy nothing more than using their cute appearance to lure unsuspecting people into their forest traps and bludgeoning them to death using rudimentary tools before feasting on their tenderised flesh. […]
When the baseball playoffs come into full swing. Let see who to root for? Pirates and Cubs were out of the running by April 30th. ( Sigh-what else is new?). Now it is down to Yankees, Phillies, Rangers and Giants. Add to that, the fact that in the American League they don’t play real baseball. […]
It is not often I agree with The Hill-so skewed and un-objective are most of their pieces; but even a broken clock is right twice a day: “I think attacking the outside money, and specifically attacking the Chamber, is of very limited value to the White House,” said former Rep. Martin Frost (D-Texas), who headed […]
Greetings from not so hot SFO. In fact-it is darn right cool here tonight. Another week-another trip. This is just the way I like it-like Ryan Bingam, I am one of those guys who enjoys the life and times in “Airworld”. In fact-I down loaded that particular book for my kindle and am reading it […]
Busy day tomorrow-and it will probably be a long one. So I am about to go to bed. However the S.O. and I found a great place to have REAL chinese dumplings in San Francisco. Not Chinese food fashioned to American tastes-but real Shanghai style dumplings. The place is over in Parkside-well south of Golden […]
If you are going to be a darling of the Teabagger nation charged with defending the Constitution. You might want to actually read it: WILMINGTON, Del. — Republican Senate nominee Christine O’Donnell of Delaware on Tuesday questioned whether the U.S. Constitution calls for a separation of church and state, appearing to disagree or not know […]
No time to post today. Jumping in the car and driving through Carmel and the Carmel Valley. But just had to note this so you know where I stand on this-NPR got it wrong on Juan Williams. His statement was not bigoted, and represents how a lot of Americans feel. Whether Muslims and worthless Arabs […]
Then I could have seen all kinds of people go nuts because the S.F. Giants are going to the World Series. And the Yankees are not. So while its depressing as all get out to be back in Hicksville-there are at least a few things to be glad of.
Tea Partiers, in my close experience, are like drunks at the end of the evening. They make no sense, and you just want to get away from them. H/T to Mark Warren.