Articles on this Page
- 10/24/10--10:00: _Observations from t...
- 10/25/10--18:40: _The 17 mile drive i...
- 10/25/10--19:07: _I’m taking it back…….
- 10/25/10--20:20: _October 25th……
- 10/26/10--06:02: _The way the poster ...
- 10/26/10--17:20: _Pretty cool…
- 10/26/10--22:07: _Principled conserva...
- 10/27/10--19:06: _World Series time.
- 10/27/10--20:47: _An error of caution…
- 10/28/10--19:40: _How she thinks……..
- 10/28/10--19:56: _Boy is this great!
- 10/28/10--20:04: _And now for somethi...
- 03/13/10--20:23: _The conventional wi...
- 06/21/10--20:37: _Cat Fight
- 08/24/10--00:52: _Don’t call it what ...
- 10/22/11--19:28: _Let the whining beg...
- 12/15/11--07:53: _Finally, its over.
- 03/27/12--15:36: _12-2-1
- 04/30/12--08:42: _Why I disagree with...
- 03/24/13--22:50: _What a week!
- 10/24/10--10:00: Observations from the other side…..
- 10/25/10--18:40: The 17 mile drive is like……
- 10/25/10--19:07: I’m taking it back…….
- 10/25/10--20:20: October 25th……
- 10/26/10--06:02: The way the poster should read……
- 10/26/10--17:20: Pretty cool…
- 10/26/10--22:07: Principled conservatism…………..
- 10/27/10--19:06: World Series time.
- 10/27/10--20:47: An error of caution…
- 10/28/10--19:40: How she thinks……..
- 10/28/10--19:56: Boy is this great!
- 10/28/10--20:04: And now for something you really are not going to like.
- 03/13/10--20:23: The conventional wisdom….
- 06/21/10--20:37: Cat Fight
- 08/24/10--00:52: Don’t call it what it is not…….
- 10/22/11--19:28: Let the whining begin….
- 12/15/11--07:53: Finally, its over.
- 03/27/12--15:36: 12-2-1
- 04/30/12--08:42: Why I disagree with Mr. Jacobson
- 03/24/13--22:50: What a week!
Of the United States that is. I spent the last week in San Francisco and also a night down in Monterey. After just over a month back in the smothering existence that is life in Shopping Mall-it was great to be back where there was lots to do and exciting things to see. California may […]
A box of chocolates-or a case of scotch. You never know how weird it will get. After seeing rather quickly the burg of San Francisco, the S.O. and I drove down to Monterey. (This being after our abortive excursion to Union Square for the second time. No-I am not buying you Tiffany jewelry, just because […]
Recently, I have seen several stories on TV about how “whore” is the new “ N”-word for women. Now a long time ago I pointed out that there was only one really bad word when it comes to women. So whenever I hear someone talk about the “w” word being the equivalent of the “N” word-all […]
Today is the anniversary of three different battles. The nostalgics and historically myopic among the blogosphere will focus on St. Crispin’s day. The more nautically minded will focus on the fact that it is anniversary of the Battle of Leyte Gulf, an American naval victory-but as Herman Wouk pointed out, nonetheless a monument to the […]
Whenever I see someone post one of those stupid “Miss Me Yet” posters with the picture of the stupid man who destroyed the first decade of the 21st century for America-I can’t help but think they have the picture wrong. It is the father, not the son who should be on the poster. Him- I miss. […]
Cost of self financing your own campaign? 149 Million. Cost of selling your soul to the Tea Bag nation? Pretty damn high. Allow your opponent to hijack one of your own ads to make a point? Priceless.
UPDATE: Here is how they do it. And in a note to my commenters-“most election law is state law”. We’ll skip any discussion of “curb-stomping” and how its all the victim’s fault-so therefore the stomped should be doing the apologizing. Original Post: You know, if the teabaggers want to stop being compared to brownshirts, they […]
Sitting here watching the Giants kicking ass and taking names. Barry Bonds or no-I’m just going to have to root for them. They play real baseball in the National League after all.
Martin Wolf of the Financial Times has a pretty good diagnosis of why the folks have lost track of the context when it comes to the economy. Obama was just too damn cautious when he needed to be bold. Unfortunately, the Republicans have succeeded in persuading a large enough portion of the American public that […]
Richard asked me a while back-what the S.O. thought about life in America. I promised a response. To appreciate the way her little mind thinks-it is important to understand a couple of key background facts. Otherwise the ideas won’t make a lot of sense; or they will seem more hateful than they really are. I’ve […]
Bottom of the eighth and the Giants are kicking ass again!
The creator of Rocky and Bullwinkle has passed away. Criticize us boomers all you want-but we had some great cartoons. Also, on a another sad note, James McArthur-he of the phrase “Book ‘em Dano!” passed away today. Man I feel old.
Is many times, actually correct. Phib had a post a couple of days ago, taking Newsweek to task for supposedly promoting defeat: I’m angry. Why angry? Because the media like Newsweek did everything it could to undermine our victory during the most difficult times mid-decade. They took every chance to push the bad – yet […]
My, my, my-how quickly the worm turns. For years loads of military bloggers have been fawning over Michael Yon, supposedly the only honest reporter covering the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Now it would seem, he no longer enjoys the adoration of the masses. I mean after all-God forbid you would call Uncle Dumbo the […]
The last of America’s combat forces are out of Iraq. So there are usual suspects lining up to congratulate the United States on its “victory” in Iraq. There is only one problem with that line of thinking-the only winners in the Iraq war were China and Iran. China-because it got finance the whole undertaking by […]
About the day that has taken almost 9 years to achieve-the withdrawal of all troops from Iraq. Now, for me, this is a welcome development. I’ve been wishing for this day since March of 2003. If you are a long time reader, you know I am know Johnny come lately to being opposed to our […]
The last forces are leaving Iraq. about 9 years too late-but they are leaving, thanks be to God. Now if you peruse my archives, you will find that I have not been a fan of the adventure since day 1. And now-I still believe, that for whatever tactical successes we had, the war was a […]
That's the win, loss, tie record of the US in its wars. More if you count the Indian Wars and the other smaller skirmishes over the two centuries of the country's existence. Stephen Walt has a great article up point out again-how the US will ultimately end up the loser in Iraq, My only question […]
Ok, I admit it-I snapped. When I followed the Memorandum link to Mr. Jacobson's blaming of Obama for "losing" the Middle East, I lost my temper. And with good reason too-I expect better logic and a better perspective on the history of the region-and an understanding of the peoples that lie within. Sadly, Mr Jacobson […]
Well, things have slowly returned to normal after dispatching our Israeli guests back to the land of milk and honey-in order to allow them to celebrate Pesach. You know it as Passover. And Holy Week. Nonetheless it was a productive week if at the same time a very frustrating one. Israelis can be very difficult […]